Friday, May 2, 2008

Memories with Mom this morning

Ben's school had "Memories with Mom" this morning. It's held before school and they serve muffins, donuts as well as coffee and juices. It's a time to sit with your kiddo(s) and talk about a nice memory with them or of them. Ben asked me what mine was of him and I thought about it and said that one would be when his little brother was born and Ben came to meet him for the first time. How neat it was seeing the look of amazement on his face as he held his new brother. Sweet right??? Well I asked Ben what his was of me and he thought and said...."I got nothing". WTF! Well, he is only 8 I suppose and probably it isn't "cool" anymore to have fond thoughts of mom. I'll let it slide I guess. Oh, but next year I have a new memory of Ben to share. While we were sitting there eating our muffins....Ben almost choked to death. No joke. He got all red and his eyes were bugging and I was banging on his back. Just as I stood up to try the heimlich on him (which btw I don't know how to do) he managed to get the muffin dislodged. We did create quite the scene though! So memories with mom...well that title is right on the money!

4 comments:

Dawn Endres said...

LOL!

Wow! I'm glad he didn't choke to death. That is a scary feeling. I got choked by a piece of candy before. Not fun.

We have Pastries with Parents coming up. I wonder what I can expect. hehe!

Laura Tilley said...

Oh MY! guess Ben figured since he didn't have a memory to share with you he would create one! So, glad he is ok man that must have been scary!

Helen said...

haha! When he's a bit older you can share the memory of him having no special memory of you. You can totally use that to your advantage. ;)

Tom said...

What a great memory for you. Trails and tribulations of kids.