Saturday, May 31, 2008

The great turtle rescue!

So around 7:30pm last night, Michael took the boys outside to toss around the football. I chose to stay inside and relax. William comes running in to tell me that daddy needs me right now and it's important. I go outside and Ben says that they found a turtle. I'll say they did! It was huge! I expected baby or something, but this was a full grown turtle. We wondered how on earth he got to our yard. There is a large pond at the front of our community that has turtles and fish in it, but it's over a mile from the house. That turtle must have had quite the journey! So we decided to put him in a container and drive him back to the pond and reunite him with his family. The boys loved it! He was let go and went right under the water and then poked his head up a few feet from shore. The kids said he was saying "thanks" and "goodbye". Will and Ben watched from the shore for several minutes. William named him Speedy. Pretty good name for a turtle. Hope he's enjoying the pond today, and staying a little closer to his home.












































3 comments:

Holly said...

How FUN!! I bet they thought that was the coolest thing!

~Amy said...

Maybe it was Anj's turtle, Tuck, all grown up! ;) Cool pics!!

Helen said...

How cool! And so sweet of you guys to take him back home. :)