Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Traveling back in time...

This past Sunday night, I got to travel back in time. My sister, 2 of my best friends from high school, and myself were all 15 again for a night. This past Sunday, the 19th of October we all went to see the best boy band in history perform together once again. We went to see......the New Kids on The Block!!!! It was AMAZING! I don't think I was quite prepared for how excited I would be. I think I screamed the entire show! Here I am a 33yr old grown woman, married mother of 2 and I was literally screaming at the top of my lungs "I love you Joe!!!!". Embarrassing now, but trust me at the time I fit right in. The American Airlines Center was packed with women in their 30's screaming and jumping up and down for these 5 men from Boston. There were women decked out in spandex, acid washed jeans and I even saw crimped hair! What a flashback! The show itself was phenomenal. They always did put on a great concert. It was a good mix of their old hits and songs from the new album. It all blended seamlessly. One really cool moment was when Jordan was singing "I'll be loving you forever"....the entire crowd was singing along so loudly that Donnie even made the comment that it was a cool song of Jordan on lead vocals and Dallas TX on background. Guess you had to be there to feel the magic that was and is NKOTB. It's a night I will treasure, much like when I saw them way back in 1991. They really are a great group of guys.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm so jealous, I wish I could have gone.

Holly said...

OMG!! It was such an awesome night!! I LOVED EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF IT!!!! I too screamed at the top of my lungs THE ENTIRE time and had no voice the next day!!! Awww....it was awesome!! Glad you guys had FUN!!!

Helen said...

Sounds fun... I didn't get to go when I was younger or now. sigh Maybe when they have another comeback & I'm 80... lol